Comfort Food: Pork Pie and Veggie Bake
Serves: 6, Prepare in: , Cook in:
Warm food on a cold winter evening is a must. Warm up your pork in the oven and get some veggies roasting - the perfect easy meal. A short prep time is something we love to see and then let it roast in the oven and voilà! A tasty and nutritious tea.
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 60ml of olive oil
- 2 medium carrots – peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic – finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium courgette – sliced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°C
- Line the baking dish (to make sure there’s no sticking) by spraying the tray (we’d recommend the 1 cal spray from Fry Light)
- Take the onion, carrot and the potatoes and place them in the baking dish
- Pour half of: the oil, garlic thyme, tarragon and salt and pepper over this and toss together to make sure it’s all evenly coated
- Bake this for ten minutes
- Next, grab yourself a bowl and using the remaining seasoning, toss together the pepper and courgette and coat them evenly.
- Pour the ingredients (make sure you don’t leave seasoning and oil in the bowl!) into the baking dish and stir it all together
- Bake the whole thing for another 30-35 minutes until the veggies are tender. Stir intermittently during baking. Note that the carrots will take longer so check these aren’t hard still!
Whilst your veggies are baking, pop your pork pies in the oven with them just to heat them through – there’s nothing like a warm pork pie on a winters night! The tray bake veggies are low maintenance and make an easy dinner!