A Christmas Tipple and a Pork Pie Treat
Serves: 8, Prepare in: , Cook in:
We're on the final countdown to Christmas, so we're getting all our Christmas food and drink organised so we can settle down and enjoy a fantastic few days filled with friends and family - and food!
When considering our Christmas drinks, there's the traditional mulled wine and eggnog, but we thought we might spice things up this year - so here's our favourite two Christmas cocktails, these will be brilliant served with some mini pork pies and cheese as little canapés!
For the Appleberry Mulled Wine Twist…
- 2 bottles of red wine (try a Merlot)
- 1 liter of cloudy apple juice
- 115g caster sugar
- Cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 3 tbsp orange cointreau
- Handful of frozen black forest fruits
- 2 small red apples, sliced into rings
For the Raspberry Martini Fizz…
- 350ml Martini Rosso
- 150ml Gin
- 32 frozen raspberries
- 2 bottles of chilled prosecco
- 4tsp icing sugar
The Appleberry Mulled Wine Twist
- In a large saucepan, pour in the wine and apple juice
- Add in the sugar, cinnamon stick and star anise
- Heat gently, stirring occasionally until the sugars dissolved
- Continue heating very gently for 15 more minutes
- Before you serve, stir in the cointreau, chuck in the frozen fruits and add in the apple slices!
For the Raspberry Martini Fizz
- Mix the martini and gin together and then chill them in the fridge
- When you’re ready to serve, you just need to spoon half a tea spoon of icing sugar into the champagne glasses and pour over your martini mixture, mix together then add the prosecco to top up the glass
- Carefully add in the frozen raspberries and you’re ready to serve!
We’ve kept it pretty simple for our Christmas cocktails – mainly because it’s Christmas and everyone’s busy with friends and family so don’t want to be spending time mixing drinks in the kitchen! These are super easy recipes with spirits and bubbles you might already have in the cupboard so if someone pops by unexpected, you can still make them easily with few ingredients!
There’s little better than to have a bubbly cocktail and a warm mini pork pie with melted bubbling cheese over it, so treat yourself this Christmas and indulge in a tipple or two and a yummy Yorkshire pork pie or two!
We hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!