Bangin' Chilli BBQ Beans
Serves: 4, Prepare in: , Cook in:
You’ll want to pile them on fresh baked jacket potatoes, pour them over a thick slice of toasted sourdough bread, and the more tantalising option of spooning them on to a wedge of scrumptious Pork Pie! This tangy, sweet & spicy side dish is going to be a hit at your picnics & BBQs this summer. A simple combination of store cupboard ingredients, minimum prep & a bit of time is all you need for our Bangin’ Chilli BBQ Beans!
- One can of Kidney Beans (water and all)
- 500g Passata
- 100ml Ketchup
- 100ml BBQ sauce
- 1 Medium Red Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 Garlic Clove (smashed and chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- Glug of Olive Oil
- Heat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6)
- Mix the red onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, chilli flakes & oil in a roasting tray and in the oven for 15 mins
- Remove from oven and stir in kidney beans, passata, ketchup & BBQ sauce and return to the oven for 45 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Serve & dig in!