Cranberry Sauce Recipe to Accompany a Pork Pie
Serves: 10, Prepare in: , Cook in:
December is our favourite month of the year. A whole month filled with fun, family, friends and food. There's so much to do and so many places to go (did you see our top things to do in Yorkshire this Christmas?) but sometimes, it's best to stay in, put the fire on and invite friends and family round and serve some delicious food.
Our top tip for this? Well, you ultimately want to treat your loved ones and serve a nice meal. However, you don't want to spend the whole time in the kitchen cooking.
So, the solution? A pork pie platter with some crudites and homemade cranberry sauce.
Here's the recipe...
- 250g of either fresh or frozen cranberry
- 100ml fresh orange juice
- 10og light muscovado sugar
- In a saucepan, bring the orange juice and sugar to the boil – make sure to keep stirring so that the sugar doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan
- Stir in the cranberries and reduce to a simmer – keep stirring but be gentle now so that you don’t burst the cranberries
- If you’re using fresh cranberries, step 2 should take around 8-10 minutes, and frozen cranberries, give it 5-6 minutes
- Take off the heat and allow to cool, it will thicken as it does
- Once cool, you can decide whether you’d like to blitz into a smoother sauce or keep it with the whole cranberries, it’s up to you really. As you can tell from our picture, we lightly whizzed ours in a Nutri Bullet – not enough to pop all the cranberries but enough to give more of a sauce texture and distribute that delicious cranberry flavour throughout the sauce.
- You can keep this in the fridge for up to a week
There you have it- a really delicious cranberry sauce recipe. Super easy to make and because you can store it in an airtight container. It means you can pre make it and bring it out when your guests arrive. There’s nothing worse than missing out on catching up with friends because you’re whizzing round the kitchen trying to roast, fry and bake everything. Keep it simple but don’t compromise on flavour – with our Yorkshire pork pies, you’ll never compromise on flavour. We’ve been baking up a storm for the last 90 years to ensure our pies are the ultimate pie. Full of mouth watering pork and delicious classic hot water pastry – all seasoned and baked to perfection.
We bake 4 million pork pies around the Christmas season. Pork pies are a year-round treat but they’re especially loved this time of year.
There’s lots of recipes you can make this time of year, did you catch our post on how to create the ultimate cheeseboard? There’s
Let us know how you enjoy your pork pies this time of year by sending us photos on our social media, we’d love to hear from you!