Jack Daniels Sauce Recipe & Pork Pie
Serves: 4, Prepare in: , Cook in:
If you're a whiskey fan, this recipe is for you.
As we all know, a pork pie pairs beautifully with craft beer, but have you ever tried it with a Jack Daniels? If you have a favourite drink or cocktail to drink whilst enjoying a pie, then let us know! Below is our Jack Daniels sauce recipe - because why not infuse the flavours! It's worth noting that you can make this in advance and store it so that you're ready to go when the sun finally comes back out!
- 125ml Jack Daniels Whiskey
- Cloves of garlic – 1.5 minced
- 125ml ketchup
- 70g dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard powder (or less – we’d add this vary sparingly!)
- Heat a drop of oil in a pan on a medium heat
- Turn the heat down and add in all your ingredients – we’d suggest adding the Jack Daniels whisky and then perhaps adding a little more mid simmer if you like it strong!
- Simmer the ingredients for 20 minutes to half an hour. You need to keep stirring every 5 minutes or so, you don’t want it to stick to the pan nor all stick together
- Cool and serve or store in an airtight container (if you use a jar, please remember to sterilise it if it’s been used to store something else in previously.)
As you can see, we enjoy our Jack Daniels sauce with a mixture of our pork pies. It’s especially delicious with our snack cheese and pickle pies. We also sprinkled a few chilli flakes over the top. Then added tomato chunks and a lemon slice, just to give that extra kick.
Though the recipe does give measurements, we always encourage you to do this recipe to your own taste. Adding ingredients to the measure that you enjoy. If you aren’t as big of a Jack Daniels fan and just want a slight flavour of the smokey whiskey, then add less. The same goes if you love the flavour – feel free to add more! Just remember the meal you’re eating it with and you don’t want to completely overpower your palette!