Health and Safety Manager
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Site Health and Safety Manager to join an exciting and growing organisation within the food industry.
- Reporting to the Site Head of Operations your role will include providing the business with complete Health and Safety resource, focused on delivering strategic targets set to meet the needs of the business and its employees.
- Ensuring all relevant policies and procedures are in place and delivered in line with legislative requirements in a cost-effective manner.
- Ensure audit processes and KPI’S are in place to measure site safety effectiveness and drive ongoing improvements.
- Support the business in the training and development of its staff to continue to drive awareness and Health and Safety Culture
Main Responsibilities & Duties include
- To build and prepare a Site Health and Safety plan based on-site, strategic and legislative needs
- To coordinate the delivery of Risk assessments as required on tasks and equipment.
- All Risk and COSHH assessments are reviewed and updated within the timescales set
- To regularly audit and inspect each department/area for health and safety compliance
- Compile and manage accident and hazard reporting databases, analysing the data to highlight areas for improvement, driving actions plans to completion.
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate health and safety training requirements for all staff in line with legislative and strategic business requirements.
- Prepare health and safety reports as required
- Attend Daily Operational meeting.
- Support the site teams in accident investigation, gathering witness statements and evidence, actioning any Non-compliance and providing information to put preventative measures in place
- Through staff, engagement support the Site Leadership in driving an improved Health & Safety Culture
- Engage with staff through attendance at Daily Team Meetings and spend time in all operational areas
- Liaison with all Departmental Managers to ensure their approved service providers/contractors meet compliance through review of RAMS
- Ensuring all compliance checks are in place with certificates and records are up to date and auditable
Experience & Skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a Health and Safety role preferably with an FMCG business
- NEBOSH General Certificate is an essential minimum requirement for this role
- Leadership and Management experience in driving culture change
- Have a demonstrated passion for Health and Safety
- Have a strong but balanced personality that can influence stakeholders at all levels
- Self-starter that has the confidence to be an influential member of the Site Management Team.
You will be customer-focused, committed to the business, have the capacity to develop and be flexible, be forward-thinking, good at relationship building, focus on delivering results and be ready for new challenges
Our Peoples Values
We pride ourselves on our Peoples Values throughout our Company and we all work for the long-term success of the business, we promote responsibility and openness, we strive for the highest professional standards and we invest in our people through appropriate training and development, ultimately our goal is to exceed our people’s and our customer’s expectations
- Hours 40 per week Monday – Friday
- Salary Dependent on skills and experience, commensurate with the role, also included in the annual Management Bonus Scheme
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Health Care Scheme